Our Multinational Electric Utility client is hiring Paralegal in Waltham, MA will provide support in corporate governance, legal entity management and regulatory and corporate compliance. This is a contract opportunity for a duration of 6 months
About the Position:
As part of US Company Secretary team within the US Legal Department, you will provide support in corporate governance, legal entity management and regulatory and corporate compliance. You will be responsible for managing our corporate subsidiary compliance and records program, preparing and assisting with corporate compliance filings and assisting attorneys with other key industry regulatory filings at the federal, state and local levels.
• Manage recordkeeping and annual compliance for all US subsidiaries
• Prepare, maintain and update corporate records including written consents, secretary certificates, etc.
• Prepare and file corporate documents both manually and electronically with federal and state agencies, including DBA renewals, annual reports, etc.
• Swiftly and accurately respond to regulatory, audit and “Know Your Customer” requests.
• Maintain and manage legal entity management system and conduct regular audits to ensure compliance and accuracy of corporate records.
• Support and collaborate with attorneys from the US Legal Department and various businesses, including review and confirmation of corporate disclosures and use of corporate seals.
• Assist in the preparation of corporate resolutions and filings.
• Assist in the preparation and review of director and shareholder board meeting materials.
• Work closely with our registered agent in the filing of annual reports and UCC financing statements.
• Conduct research on various corporate governance matters/issues.
• Collaborate with the UK Company Secretariat team on various global projects.
• Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree with Paralegal Certificate.
• Experience working as a corporate paralegal work across a range of fields and disciplines.
• Proficiency in legal entity management and related software.
• Extremely process driven and focused.
• Strong attention to detail and impeccable organizational skills.
• Strong ability to monitor or assess current processes and procedures in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Experience working in a compliance function preferred.
• Must be self-motivated, responsive and enthusiastic, with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, outside counsel, and external agencies relating to corporate filings and processes.
• In-depth knowledge of corporate legal terminology, practices and principles.
• Willingness to learn new industry regulations and processes.
• Familiarity with common corporate record keeping and calendaring software.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Paralegal, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.