Senior Consultant to Build & Lead a COVID-19 Case Management Team
We are the Ian Martin Group: a recruiting and project management firm that is partnering with the Province of Ontario to scale up Case and Contact Management capacity to assist Ontario’s Public Health Units with their response to COVID-19. See the following press release from the Province for details on this strategy: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/58807/ontario-hiring-hundreds-more-contact-tracers-and-case-managers
We are seeking a senior health-care professional to help us build, lead, and deploy a large team of Case Managers to provide surge-capacity support for Ontario’s Health Units. The successful candidate will have clinical experience, knowledge of COVID-19 case management practices (preferred), and significant experience in both consultancy and personnel management.
Broadly, you will be acting as a leader and partner on the team that is scaling up this work: supervising our team of case managers, coordinating with government stakeholders, and partnering with the IMG scale-up team. The role will be very diverse from day to day. Creativity in problem solving and professional experience will be critical in your ability to address the range of complications that emerge. Clear communication will always be essential, as will your ability to liaise between different stakeholders with diverse interests while carrying an action-orientation and finding creative solutions to challenges that arise.
Succeeding in this role will require particular skills and competencies. Your ability to take initiative and ownership of this project will be critical, while involving and partnering with critical stakeholders. Additionally, you will also need to be adaptable and agile as the demands posed by COVID-19 are constantly evolving. Candidates with experience making sound judgments with limited time and resources will be well suited to this role.
As a remote-work opportunity, this role will be of particular interest to professionals who are looking to make an impact in the fight against COVID-19 from home. Your efforts will have a direct and positive impact on the effectiveness and scale of the public health response in Ontario.
- Manage case management team, coordinating rigorous training, and providing coaching, guidance, and resolving escalations.
- Liaise with both IMG and government stakeholders.
- Provide regular reports on project progress and setbacks, and suggest strategies for improvement.
- Help generate solutions to technical problems relating to case management, data collection & call scripts.
- Implement and monitor policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in a clinical, medical or related field, ideally a Graduate degree
- Experience in a clinical or medical role (healthcare, social work, or similar)
- Experience in healthcare consulting or a related field
- Experience liaising with government representatives
- Familiarity with health terminology and ability to translate technical information for a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated individual, group, community, and population assessment skills
- Experience implementing policies and procedures
- Strong problem-solving, collaboration, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 and Health Systems/databases.
- Familiarity HIPPA regulations and experience handling confidential information
- Experience in infectious disease or infectious disease control
- Graduate degree in a clinical, medical, or related field (Masters in Social Work, Nursing, Science, Health Administration, etc.)
This is a temporary, full-time, remote position. Pay will be between $50 and $80 per hour depending on your experience.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. Please note that due to the high volume of applications for this role, only candidates that match the qualifications will be contacted to move forward with an interview.