Customer Service Representative
- 6+ month contract (with potential for Full-time)
- Opportunity to work with a major financial services company
- No technical experience required
- Four positions available
- Minneapolis MN
We’ve got a new and exciting opportunity for those looking to gain experience in the Banking industry!
We at Ian Martin are hiring for our client—a leading, international financial services company that’s trying to expand their CSR team to meet new demand.
In this 6+ month contract position, you’ll help financial customers through a range of questions and common issues by phone and email. Many of the calls will have easy fixes: helping people navigate websites to find the right button, resetting their passwords, managing their accounts, and other simple functions.
Occasionally, you’ll run into something outside of your expertise, at which point you can escalate the call to a technical expert on the team.
More specifically, here’s a few of the things you’ll be working on:
- Resolving basic technical problems via telephone and/or written correspondence or electronic media
- Navigating customer database/records to record and respond to issues
- Maintaining a log of actions and client communication.
- Escalating complex problems
- Providing clear, simple instructions that help clients
While you’ll need some basic computers skills to succeed in this role, you don’t need to be an expert: the most important thing is a strong customer service focus and ability to communicate effectively. Especially when helping people who are a bit confused, it is critical that you’re able to provide clear, succinct instructions.
Any training you need in terms of working with specific programs/systems will be provided.
- Recent college diploma/degree would be a strong asset
- Experience in a customer-facing role (retail, call center, Restaurant, etc.)
- Strong customer service focus and desire to help people
- Experience with common computer applications/software (MS Office, mobile applications, websites, databases, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to convey instructions clearly and logically
Applying through Ian Martin
At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good while making a positive impact for people, communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.