- Job no: XQX9Q
- Categories: Engineering
Our client, a Canadian global leader in exploration, mine engineering, and environmental protection has an immediate need for a Intermediate to Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to work with the instrumentation discipline design lead on multi-discipline projects within the mining industry This is a contract position for nine (9) months. This role will start remotely with the potential to be based out of the Saskatoon office in the future.
- Serve as or support the instrumentation discipline design lead on multi-discipline project teams.
- Perform instrument & valve sizing and selections for heavy industrial plants
- Prepare engineering drawings and documents such as the instrument index, control philosophy, P&IDs, instrument data sheets, instrument location plans, loop drawings, cable schedules, PLC and other panel drawings as required.
- Prepare and evaluate bid documents for materials and contracts.
- Perform vendor shop drawing reviews.
- Assist with preparing material costs and timing estimates
- Occasional travel to project sites in Northern Saskatchewan and Ontario may be required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Familiarity with industrial networking protocols and ICS security
- Site experience and heavy industrial exposure particularly with field instrument selection
- Currently registered as P.Eng. in Saskatchewan
- P.Eng. registration in Ontario considered an asset
- 4 + years experience in a similar role.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 05 Feb 2021, 5:51 PM