- Job no: XQJDA
- Categories: Operations
Seeking a shift supervisor for a manufacturing facility located in Mississauga. This is a permanent role on continental shift that reports into the plant manager.
- Responsible for Health and Safety of all employees in all departments, as defined in Health and Safety program.
- Supervises employee’s performance in all departments including carrying out performance appraisals.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of all departments.
- Schedules the workforce to maintain full crews and to minimize overtime and makes recommendation to management on hiring if required.
- Ensures that production performance targets are achieved in all departments and works with Engineering, Maintenance, Lead Hands, operating personnel, and other Shift Supervisors to identify and resolve production issues.
- Sustains harmonious labour relations and fosters team work.
- Conducts employee’s salary reviews and makes recommendations on promotions and job changes.
- Reviews the production schedule on a daily basis and addresses non-conformances. All deviations are reported to Scheduling Department.
- Reviews the Production Performance Reports on a daily basis; follows up on any problems to ensure that the necessary steps have been taken in order to achieve production targets.
- Accountable for the quality of film, bags and print.
- Provides input and makes recommendations to management on disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal.
- Assists Technical Department (Engineering) to perform tests with any new equipment or material.
- Supervises, coordinates and monitors the training of operating personnel, on all aspects of the job and department.
- Assists and supports Lead Hands in troubleshooting of problems associated with equipment.
- Coordinates with other Supervisors and distributes information between shifts.
- Ensures that proper housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures.
- Monitors shift KPI and work to meet targets.
- Responsible for assessing the condition of the equipment and works with maintenance to correct problem.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by Management.
- 5+ years experience as a shift supervisor in a manufacturing facility with preference for plastics industry experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
We know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 09 Apr 2021, 5:32 PM