Our multinational electricity and gas utility company are hiring Contract specialist for a 6 months opportunity. The job is currently remote until back in office and the candidate can work from Syracuse, NY/Buffalo, NY OR Albany, NY.
Manage the ongoing contractor relationship for the Transmission/Substation, matting and OHLERS framework agreements. This includes contract relation management, value and cost control, value opportunity implementation, conflict management, and constant contract improvement initiatives. There will likely be a component of minor work planning and schedule management included.
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong background in Contract Management and/or Construction is a plus
• Legal background and knowledge of contracting terms & conditions is desirable
• Public Speaking – Contract Specialist must be comfortable speaking in front of both large and small groups. Contract Specialist will often lead meetings and will sometimes be speaking to or facilitating discussions with large groups.
• Written Communication – Contract Specialist is responsible for maintaining main contract documents. Individual is required to process large amounts of information and write clear and concise project agreement documents that convey client’s policy and the scope of the project.
• Stakeholder Management – Contract Specialist will be expected to maintain a relationship with all client & Contractor stakeholders. Individual should expect to check in with all stakeholders and periodically meet face to face with key players.
• Analytical Skills – Contract Specialist will be required to structure reports to aid in the management of the contract and for tracking purposes.
• Project Management – Preference is for Contract Specialist to have Project Management experience and be familiar with lifecycle of a project. The Contract Specialist will be expected to lead major Bid events and other complex initiatives.
• Negotiations – Contract Specialist, along with Procurement, will contribute to the negotiation on the contracts process. Proven experience negotiating contracts is a plus
• Problem Solver – the large portion of the Contract Specialist’s time will be solving problems. Contract Specialist is required to perform analysis and make a recommendation and gain buy-in.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Contract Management – at least 3+ years’ experience or equivalent experience
• High level competencies in scheduling, forecasting, and conflict resolution
• Travel – travel will be required as needed, but infrequent. Mostly day trips within the NY service territory.
• Negotiating and Reporting
• Strong probability and decision-making skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is a must
• Proficiency – Microsoft Office applications – more advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills are a plus, Outlook, Visio and PowerBI a plus
• Ability to work within a matrix environment and function as a team member to accomplish the Department’s goals
• Effective communications skills and a Good Listener
• Team participation – willing to step in and help others
• Stress management skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a Contract Specialist professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.