Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market has an immediate need for a Security Administrator Consultant. This is a twelve (12) month contract located at their office in Calgary. The role will be remote until the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
The primary focus of this role is to assist cybersecurity teams via data analysis to create actionable intelligence through data analytics and metrics that will drive and track the effectiveness of the cybersecurity program. Additionally this role will assist with operationally updating and ensuring accuracy of all data/metrics.
· Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques
· Develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics and dashboards within PowerBI that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
· Work with stakeholders to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
· Organize and correlate data from disparate data systems to create and build data stories to help identify areas of
· Work to prioritize business and information needs
· Script and automate processes where possible
· Develop and ensure up to date support and end user documentation
· Other duties as needed to support the team
· Works under supervision, provides support to team members and works independently at times
· This role requires critical thinking and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Technical diploma or degree in an IT related field
• Python and PowerShell scripting
• Data analytics experience – PowerBI, Tableau etc.
• Strong knowledge of cybersecurity awareness procedures
• Strong business and technical background
• Excellent organizational skills with precision and accuracy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with stakeholders collaboratively
• Ability to identify priorities and ensure work is completed within stipulated timeframes
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.