Our client is in Urgent need of Materials Coordinator in Westborough, MA who will support with the procurement of indirect spend goods and services for the Westborough Facility.
Job Description Summary:
This position will support with the procurement of indirect spend goods and services for the Westborough and Shrewsberry facility. Other locations might be added as appropriate. He/she will support other teams, once a need has been identified, to manage min/max levels of inventory, visual mgmt., purchase/receiving processes.
The material specialist will assist in supplier management and also in reviewing the spend of the sites to find potential cost saving areas and to support in implementing improvement schemes such as for payment terms or specific targeted areas of spend.
• Work with local Associates to identify and understand indirect spend needs
• Support Associates with setting up suppliers and ensuring accurate documentation is in place
• Work with Associates to identify savings opportunities
• Participate in and lead workshops and kaizen events, defining min/max, historical consumption, Kanban systems, in order to better manage all items
• Execute indirect spend projects
• Analyze, report, and supervise project savings
• Supplier management:
· Evaluate and select preferred suppliers
· Ensure use of preferred suppliers across the different facilities
· Establish relationships with suppliers
· Lead and improve supplier performance
· Conduct routine supplier business review with key spend suppliers
· Support the primary goals for quality, timely delivery and growth
• Act as an everyday point of contact for queries on the above tools, indirect items
• Supervise compliance to LBS procurement policies
What you’ll need to do the job
• Experience with Purchasing (especially Indirect Items)
• Experience in indirect procurement would be an asset
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Sophisticated skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Ability to collect, analyses and integrate information
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, rates, proportions, percentages.
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
• Good analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Legal Operations Analyst, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.