Our oil and gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a HR Talent Acquisition Representative for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
Primary Focus is to assist with recruitment efforts for positions across Ontario. This includes full cycle recruitment such as posting positions, screening candidates, administering pre employment testing, creating offer letters and onboarding new employees.
Specific Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate recruitment activities for Ontario based positions.
• Provide guidance to Hiring Leaders on overall recruitment hiring process.
• Resume pre-screening, assessment (pre employment testing), short-listing and selection of candidates.
• Initiate background checks and prepare offers of employment.
• Respond to external and internal inquiries regarding employment opportunities.
• Optimize efficiency of the recruitment process by making recommending and implementing improvements.
• Carry out a strong public relations function through ongoing interactions with potential employees; ensure a positive applicant experience.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
• Post-secondary education with focus in Human Resources is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Some previous Human Resources work experience is required, however junior/entry level candidates will be considered.
• Previous experience with full cycle recruitment process: preparing postings, sourcing candidates, screening candidates, preparing offers and onboarding new employees is preferred.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
• A high level of enthusiasm and energy and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and drive projects to completion.
• Ability to work independently or collaboratively within a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, complimented by strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Strong communication skills to complete phone screen interviews with candidates.
• Workday experience/knowledge is a strong asset.
• Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter is a nice to have.
• Experience with oil and gas industry recruitment an asset.
• Previous experience recruiting unionized employees and interpreting collective agreements is an asset.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.