We are looking for a Control Engineer will work as part of the dedicated turbine software operations team performing upgrades to wind turbine control code and Wind SCADA for a contract opportunity in Schenectady, New York for 12 months.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
• Lead wind site software upgrade projects, which involves coordinating with GE Engineering and configuration management teams, building site and turbine-specific software, and coordinating deployment with field resources at the site.
• Execute GE WindSCADA, WindCONTROL, and TurbineCONTROL software upgrades and implementations of other GE Digital products.
• Drive troubleshooting and resolution of issues identified during or related to software upgrades.
• Support continuous improvement within the software organization including process control, productivity, and automation.
• Identify & escalate customer software issues that arise during and following the software upgrade process within ServiceNow.
• Maintain relationships with the GE WindSCADA, WindCONTROL and ControlST software development teams.
• Project management Skills with ability to make decisions, plan, organize, and communicate.
• Quality awareness and ability to identify future failures, defects, and problems.
• Ability to clearly communicate issues and resolution to both a technical and non-technical audience.
• Experience building wind turbine software and deploying to Mark VIe wind turbine controllers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including the ability to troubleshoot service and other failures through the Microsoft Administrative tools.
• Experience with database structures, management, and queries.
• Experience with Mark VIe control systems and ControlST (ToolboxST, WorkstationST)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are Control Engineer, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.