Our oil and gas client in Markham, ON is looking to hire a Advisor Learning Development for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
An Advisor Learning Development is accountable for project work, including but not limited to: training course instructional design and development, graphic design, video design and development, the use of new technologies in learning and best practice research & recommendations.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of Technical Training courses
• Creation of eLearning, instructor-led and blended learning content for both field and office employees
• Responsible for the creation and editing of new video learning content
• Research best practices and implement new methods to augment learning and increase customer satisfaction
• Conducts needs assessments, create storyboards and evaluate the effectiveness of training courses
• Update and revise existing training courses and videos
• Creation of learning aids and communications
• Creation of eLearning and instructor-led content for both field and office employees
• Collaborate with internal clients and external parties to implement new technical training policies and procedures
• Project management lead on various initiatives for Technical Training, including external agencies and authorities
• Conduct train-the-trainer sessions for subject matter advisors and field/office trainers
• Responsible for adherence to materials management system, publishing, versioning and controls of training content
What you will need to succeed…
• Post-secondary education in Instructional Design, and/or Adult Learning, and/or Teaching/Training at a recognized college or university is required
• A minimum of 8 years of experience (or equivalent) in the area of Learning Design and Development
• Strong background and sound knowledge of instructional design principles and their application at a workplace environment
• A strong background in video creation and editing utilizing Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or equivalent is required
• Experience in conducting needs assessments, identifying training/performance gaps, designing effective learning solutions/tools for clients and evaluating the effectiveness of learning interventions
• Experience and strong knowledge in a variety of eLearning development tools and other content related software such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion and others
• Experience in audio narration recording and editing
• Experience with managing content on learning management systems
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrated networking abilities
• Ability to research and implement new and improved training tools and/or products
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels
• Tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty
• Strong presentation skills
• Able to establish credibility and develop good rapport with internal clients and external parties.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• CTDP or CTP certification would be considered an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.