On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Records Clerk in Houston, TX 77056
· This position is responsible for performing clerical duties related to relevant stages of the Records Lifecycle.
· These stages involve the Capture, Storage, Management, and Maintenance of Company records; including, but not limited to, records intake and inventory, data entry, indexing and scanning, managing offsite storage, responding to records requests, and enhancing records-related metadata.
· Follow policies and confidentiality mandates to safeguard Company data and information
· Assist with the management and routine assessment of departmental inventory and supplies
· Record clerk activities, tracking, and reporting progress, as required
· Actively participate in Company core value and safety activities
· Process, file, and organize records according to Company specifications in both electronic and physical filing systems
· Index records by inputting associated metadata into both electronic and physical filing systems according to Company procedures
· Accurately capture digital records images through scanning
· Collaborate with other departmental personnel for records relay to and from offsite storage
· Research records upon request and maintain a chain-of-custody through designated process queues to ensure no records are lost or misplaced and that they are returned when borrowed
· Provide customer service when fulfilling records requests while also following Company specifications
· Compose correspondence to external and internal parties, as needed
· Perform special records-related data scrubbing assignments, as needed
· Under guidance from enterprise personnel, adhere to records retention and disposition specifications
Job Skills and Qualifications
· 1 to 3 years of records clerk/filing experience.
· General knowledge of the Records Lifecycle, records filing and retrieval, and retention
· Experience utilizing the Microsoft Suite of applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Experience or skills in using general office equipment, including telephone systems, copiers, and scanning machines
· Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds
· High school diploma or equivalent