- Job no: X93AT
- Category: Finance/Accounting
Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Financial Analyst to gather and analyze information, conducting quantitative analyses of information affective investment institutions, as well as analyzing and communicating financial information to clients. This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecast of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Interpret data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability and future trends in investment risks.
- Present oral and written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations and entire industries.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, the financial markets, and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related financial software.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required. An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
- Ability to analyze data and transform into summarized forecasts and intelligence for decision making.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Closed a month ago - 25 Aug 2022