We are looking for a Project Manager to lead a specific portfolio of projects and/or project team within one area by securing and managing project resources to ensure that projects are completed to stakeholder requirements, within budget and with minimal operational disruption. This will be a contract opportunity in Waltham, MA for a duration of 12 month.
To lead a specific portfolio of projects and/or project team within one area by securing and managing project resources to ensure that projects are completed to stakeholder requirements, within budget and with minimal operational disruption. At the higher level directs and coordinates all project or program activities including project design, management, and review within one area or of one type across the organization to ensure major project activities are completed on time and within budget.
• Monitor and control allocated project resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget.
• Implement project tracking mechanisms to be able to provide timely and concise updates on project progress to senior management and key stakeholders highlighting areas of risk and capturing key decisions.
• Assist in identifying potential conflicts in use of resources and other project scheduling issues and propose solutions and corrective actions to overcome the obstacles.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders such as consultants, procurement, and the business teams to share best practice, identify potential new projects and liaise with other working areas during project progression.
• Oversee the operational workload of the project team ensuring allocated staff are fully utilized to deliver against agreed project schedule.
• Challenge existing project processes, technologies, and systems to continuously seek ways to do things better to achieve department and business objectives and drive greater efficiencies for the business.
• Lead, motivate and develop assigned project resources, prioritize work, and allocate resources to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and customer/business objectives.
• Develop and maintain project documentation, including the necessary approvals and permits where relevant, so that an accurate record exists for review and regulatory purposes.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Minimum 3 years’ experience managing projects. Project and/or financial reporting experience preferred but not required.
• Solid knowledge of project management fundamentals and project management practices.
• Knowledge of operational systems and processes related to their area of project work.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Strong MS Office suite, project management software skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Project Manager, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.