- Job no: 55273ENBJP00009821
- Categories: Engineering
On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Sr. As-Built Analyst/ Sr. GIS Analyst in Houston, TX
This position is responsible for Provide Technical Drawing Management tracking, coordination, storage, archiving for GTM Assets for all Project types, O&M, Capital, and MOCs in an Electronic Document Management System.
The As-Built Analyst will be responsible for reviewing pipe, strength test, coating, fittings, and appurtenances documentation to identify and record the relevant attributes identified as Mainline Pipe in our GIS (Geographic Information System) database.
- Review construction and engineering records (as-built records, completion reports, bill of materials, purchase orders, contracts, pre-bid and pre-construction documents, construction daily reports, pipe coating inspection reports, etc.) for gas and/or liquids pipeline construction and maintenance, and understand, analyze, and source applicable documents for transmission and site pipe.
- Perform a comparative analysis of related records by identifying potential data anomalies and help resolve critical data element discrepancies through additional research.
- Assist in the development and execution of ongoing quality assurance/quality control protocols.
- Follow standard work processes, document results, update records per the protocol and published business rules and communicate progress team leads.
- Responsible for performing TVC (traceable, verifiable, complete) documentation tGIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the pipeline assets.
- Ensures that GIS data is created, maintained, and updated by the GIS data model and other internal policies.
- Perform a range of technical and support functions relating to the day-to-day maintenance of GIS data which requires a substantial understanding of spatial data principles, map projections, and digital data repositories.
- Ensures traceable, verifiable, complete, and timely submission of operational data performed during the Analyst’s course of work.
- Responsible for updating GIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the contiguous pipeline assets.
- Education – 4-year degree preferred
- 3 -10 years oil and gas experience (pipeline construction or design experience preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of Compressor Station.
- Work with/analyze large volumes of pipeline construction and maintenance data.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and reliable, with the ability to think critically.
- Ability to work individually and in a team structure.
- Ability to adapt and learn new procedures and protocols quickly and apply new procedures effectively.
- Ability to receive and give constructive feed as it relates to work performances and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of pipeline facilities (compressor stations, meter stations, mainline valve assemblies, etc.) is desired.
- Moderate skill level in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Proficiency in CAD tools and ESRI platform.