Our oil and gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Project Manager for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Accountable for the project management support of multiple work streams of integration and synergy activities
• Responsible for the development of the project plan, tracking and managing the overall project details to deliver within scope, on budget and on time, while incorporating insights and feedback from various streams of work
• Responsible for the effective tracking and managing of project gaps, risks, actions, dependencies, interdependencies with a high degree of rigour, to ensure the appropriate people are accountable and informed to deliver the results within the expected timelines, while ensuring information is timely, accurate and up to date
• Working collaboratively with team members, to lead the project management activities by applying a structured methodology and ensuring alignment with cross functional project activities.
• Partners and collaborates with numerous internal and external stakeholders at all levels in the organization including both enterprise and client functional areas as required
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
• Related university degree and 5 plus years experience OR equivalent mix of formal education and demonstrated experience and results through all project phases
• Demonstrated experience and success managing cross-functional, large scale projects, with diverse stakeholders and a strong understanding of project management methodology
• Demonstrated facilitation experience (session design and delivery)
• Excellent oral, written & presentation skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Exemplary organization skills
• Ability to lead and influence others without direct authority and effectively lead the team toward a common vision or goal
• Excellent Microsoft & Internet office skills required (SharePoint, MS Project, and PowerPoint)
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
• Good negotiation skills, seeking to resolve conflicts by finding win-win scenarios for everyone
• Experience managing risk, controlling risk, reporting financial information
• Advanced level knowledge of project management, communication, and reporting practices
• Experience in the development and delivery of strategic plans
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and deliver results.
• Management of confidential and sensitive information, with utmost integrity, trust and privacy.
• Program management experience
• Broad experience working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholder groups, at all levels of the organization including enterprise
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.