- Job no: TF8AJ
- Categories: Administrative
The Travel Coordinator will ensure that all travel (charter and commercial) and accommodations are taken care of daily for the mine site. The successful incumbent will make all travel arrangements including charter bookings, commercial tickets, hotel bookings, taxis, and meals. Furthermore, communications for all travel related issues (weather delays, maintenance delays) will be sent out daily, and the incumbent will ensure the camp and Impacts and Benefits Agreement reports are accurate. Daily travel prelims will also be prepared and communicated to employees as well as travel notifications.
This is a fixed term position until approximately December 31st, 2021 based at the Voisey’s Bay Mine Site with a fly in fly out, 2 week on and 2 week off rotation.
- Develop and issue daily travel manifest to support remote mine site;
- Update all travel requests, daily change requests, confirm medical clearance before day of travel.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly reports capturing all travel related data;
- Support the VBME Project Team by ensuring day to day excellence in travel management;
- Booking camp and or hotel accommodations;
- Monitor seat availably on the aircraft and book employees accordingly;
- Knowledge of Logipal would be an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma in Office or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 4 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in booking and requesting flights.
- Strong MS Office Skills.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capacity to prioritize assessing situations to determine urgency.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Work Site and Schedule
- Position is based in Voisey’s Bay, the shift schedule is 2 weeks in 2weeks out, working 12hr days, for the 14days on site. The rotation / shift / schedule may change to meet the needs of the project execution effort. You may be expected to work from the St. John’s office from time to time.
- The place of work will be Voisey’s Bay Site in Labradour, as a fly in / fly out operation, all employees will be flown to/from designated pick up / drop off points in Newfoundland and Labrador on VNL’s chartered service to site at no cost to them.
- On behalf of our client, Ian Martin recognizes the Impact & Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation & the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu & Innuit workers have first preference for employment at the Voisey’s Bay Site. It also recognizes a commitment to give qualified workers from Labrador priority for employment opportunities
The Ian Martin Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, April 13th, 2021
Please apply online: https://www.livehire.com/job/ianmartin/TF8AJ
Innu Nation members and Nunatsiavut beneficiaries can also apply through Vale’s Aboriginal Employment Coordinators.
Please ensure you include your full name, address, community and province when applying
- Published on 06 Apr 2021, 1:25 PM