- Job no: 55273ENBJP00010007
- Categories: Engineering
As North America’s largest natural gas utility by volume organization, and with a renewable energy portfolio across North America and Europe, the careers in our Utilities and Power division are more exciting than ever! Being a part of our energy means being a part of endless opportunities.
As the Wind Turbine Service Engineering Technologist, you will coordinate the engineering services fieldwork on power-generating assets for facilities.
This is a Direct Hire role for a Wind Turbine Service Engineering Technologist in
Jacksboro TX or Corpus Christi TX or Limon CO
What you will do:
- Supervise, oversee and document inspection and corrective maintenance performed on wind turbines by the service provider.
- Perform equipment diagnosis, investigations, and major failure reviews across all Green Power Operations facilities.
- Inspect & coordinate installation of wind turbine parts to ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards and by the technical documentation.
- Build and modify Standard Operating Procedures for advanced wind turbine work tasks.
- Create, update and complete accurate records to record all work performed, documentation of service bulletins, retrofits and upgrades, technical logs, maintenance manuals, and revisions, inputting inventory
- Respond to and investigate equipment incidents and emergencies.
- Collect and provide information regarding service and maintenance of turbines in Manuals, Policies, and Procedures.
- Identify and support the evaluation of new technologies that may be integrated into the power- generating facility to improve reliability or performance.
Who you are:
- College diploma or University degree with applied mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics.
- 4 years + experience with applied wind turbine experience across various platforms.
- Detailed knowledge of wind turbine related systems, including, but not limited to, hydraulics, gearboxes, blades, electrical and mechanical systems.
- A solid understanding of borescope techniques, CMS systems, and composite blade design/inspections is preferred.
- Unwavering dedication to providing a safe, incident-free work environment
- Working knowledge of substation mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience with maintenance scheduling, availability reporting, inventory management, on-time performance requirements, and equipment damage assessment, and run/stop decisions about wind turbine operations.
- Excellent computer skills, with Microsoft Windows programs, Wind Turbine SCADA Systems, Turbine PLC Software and Maintenance Management Programs.
- Interpret and make hydraulic and electrical schematics, drawings, specifications, and other documentation.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- 70% site office.
- 30% travel to field sites.
- Repetitive motion, sitting, standing, walking, the visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read the fine print), hearing requirement.
- Grasping, kneeling, light-moderate lifting (objects up to 45 pounds), repetitive motion, sitting, standing, the visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read the fine print), hearing requirement.
- Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions that have a moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.