Our Public Sector client in Winnipeg, MB is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Test Analyst for a 6+month contract opportunity.
The successful candidate’s work will include the execution of test and quality assurance plans and reporting on results, adjustments, and logging defects.
The Quality Assurance Test Analyst will participate on project teams developing or integrating new solutions for Government program areas. This work will include the development of quality assurance and testing strategies, test plans, and test scripts.
· Collaborate with multiple functions to ensure quality software in an application development and support environment.
· Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
· Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
· Conduct internal assigned process reviews to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards 5.
· Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
· Create tests based on documented requirements and input from business/technical resources.
· Execute test cases against various software applications and document the results.
· Attend daily project meetings & provide status updates.
· Communicate defects to stakeholders in clear and concise manner.
· Create test summary and supporting documentation.
· Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for
· new and existing technologies
· Train and mentor new staff on quality assurance and testing best practices.
· Other duties as assigned.
The following are minimum qualifications and/or experience for the delivery of the Services:
The Resource must have the following minimum qualifications or experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
· Minimum six (6) years of experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
· Minimum three (3) years of experience as a lead tester for a major application integration and/or major application product release
· Strong data analysis, data verification and problem-solving abilities.
· Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Excellent organization skills including management of multiple assignments, setting.
· personal goals, targets, and document management
· Excellent focus on detail through adherence of quality assurance best practices
· Good understanding of software development lifecycles
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
· Ability to work in multiple application environments.
· SQL / Database Administration experience is considered an asset
· Experience with software automation tools and processes is considered an asset.
· IIST/ISTQB Certification and GIE/CIP Designation is considered an asset.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you are a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.