We are looking for Planner/Scheduler I who will be responsible for fielding all requests for work, gathering information on the jobs, material requisition, working with contractors to maintain the schedule and project closeout. The position is based out in Res Woods, MA or New England areas for a project duration of 6 months.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
Facilitation of Work
• Build and develop relationships with external vendors performing electric construction services.
• Build, develop, and maintain crucial internal relationships with Design, Program Management, Distribution Construction, Operations Divisions, Distribution Support, and Procurement to ensure smooth completion of assigned projects.
• Field requests for work from a variety of stakeholders.
• Collect and organize all job related documents / information (drawings, sketches, job cards, timelines, etc)
• Close coordination with Supply Chain to assure the timely requesting and delivery of materials.
• Participate in pre-construction meetings.
• Author Work Authorizations for the work. Ensure Work Authorization is fully executed before the job begins.
• Implement contract strategies/initiatives and coordinate external construction resources to optimize progress on capital work in 100% compliance with safety, quality, and cost control requirements.
• Monitor upstream dependencies, facilitate construction schedules, and set priorities for Construction Supervisors, Design, and Distribution Support to execute the work plan, evaluate/resolve planning, and implementation issues, and to ensure timely delivery of projects to contractors.
• Drive Contractor performance/progress through monitoring construction project status, assessing schedule performance, reassigning Contractor resources, and developing management information to assess future contractor workload assignments, ensure efficient work plan delivery and timely internal stakeholder support.
• Update and oversee the use/completeness of the Construction Management Database, to ensure accurate data and reporting capabilities.
• Set up and facilitate routine Contractor Scheduling meetings.
• Support weather related events, Participation when required on all storm and emergency restoration efforts.
• Review contractor schedule for accuracy and reasonableness
• Notify the contractors of changing priorities, work with the contractor to re-prioritize the work to ensure key dates are met.
• Work with the contractors to ensure client Construction Supervisors are aware of contractor schedule, work locations, and changes.
• Work with the upstream stakeholders to improve the visibility and lead time of future work.
• Consistent and active communication with vendors throughout all levels of the organization.
• Develop and maintain a relationship with all internal stakeholders both inside and outside of Capital Delivery.
• Monitor and set expectations for getting work done.
• Support weather related incidents, including managing contract crew transfer sheets, and storm room support as required.
Knowledge & Experience
· Experience developing and managing schedules.
· Experience in project planning and portfolio planning to maximize efficiencies and garner savings.
· Well-developed written and communication skills, ability to present and explain report data to upper management.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Strong organizational skills
· Experience working in a dynamic environment.
· Working with a third-party service provider
· Comfortable in working both alone and in team settings.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering, or 1-3 years qualifying experience.
· Proven communication skills
· Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
· Scheduling Software – Microsoft Project, Primavera
· Business Software – SAP, Business Objects
· Ability to lead and participate in cross functional teams with varying goals.
· Project Management Certification a plus
· Familiarity and experience with Electric Distribution, Transmission, Substation and Civil Construction
· Demonstrated successful delivery of large projects requiring project management oversight.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Planner/Scheduler, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.