Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
- Positions available in both the US and Canada
- Work from home opportunity
- Smart, motivated, high-performing team
- Chance to work on interesting technical problems
Founded in 2013, mParticle is leading the way in corporate data utilization. We’re working with major brands that you’re probably already using: names like Spotify, Hulu and Airbnb.
Our platform collects, cleans, and integrates data with the tools our clients already have in place; it empowers decision making and improves performance. Whether they’re trying to learn more about the spending rates of their customers or looking to reduce travel time in their navigation app, we have the tools, technology, and expertise to make it happen.
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City—and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list—mParticle has 145 employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Florida, Seattle and London.
Senior Software Engineer
We're looking for a talented and technically well-rounded person who loves to tackle complex problems and is passionate about building scalable and reliable UI features and Restful APIs.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will work with our Product Managers and Designers to spec and build complex yet highly usable, intuitive and responsive User Interfaces. You will help build both the UI screens as well as the backing REST APIs.
Beyond technical skills, succeeding here will require you to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. Quality is our number one concern, and you’ll need to maintain high standards of work even when under pressure; that’s why you will need to learn quickly and display thorough analytic skills.
- Provide UI and REST API engineering expertise to the rest of the engineering team
- Work with product managers and designers to help define product requirements
- Build new screens, dashboards, custom controls and complex UX workflows from high-fidelity comps provided by product designers
- Create UI screens that can handle large amounts of data while maintaining a highly responsive user experience
- Modify existing restful APIs or build new APIs to support new UI features
- Build comprehensive unit tests and integration tests that fully validate functionality and ensure that bugs and other issues are discovered before impacting end users
- Write code that interacts with a relational database via an ORM
Working with mParticle
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. We also believe in excellence and making the very best product we can as a team; that’s why reviews and testing are key parts of our process.
Mentorship is critical to our mindset and approach, especially when to comes to our senior team. There are daily opportunities for our junior team to try new things, make mistakes, and learn; every mistake is just an opportunity to patch a hole we didn’t know was there, and we endeavour to never make the same mistake twice.
- 5+ years of proven success working as a Full Stack engineer developing UI features and supporting server side functionality
- Proven ability to produce pixel-perfect screens using HTML and CSS from high-fidelity comps
- Experience with a frontend SPA framework such as React, Vue.js, Angular, Aurelia, or other similar frameworks
- Experience in building and modifying REST APIs to create, read, update and delete data from a relational database
- Ideally has experience with C# and ASP .Net, or other similar strongly typed language
- Ideally has experience with Entity Framework or a similar ORM framework
- Has knowledge of and can apply best practices in performance engineering, ensuring that our UI features are highly responsive and can handle large amounts of data
- Expertise in SQL-like languages and tools
- Demonstrable experience in taking projects from spec to release
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
How to Apply
Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.