- Job no: T4DBJ
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution, and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Data Specialist. This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
This role will support the TIS portfolio management team and is accountable for collecting, processing, and sharing data to TIS leaders in a way that is accurate and understandable.
- Collect, process and share data with business unit.
- Use analytics to provide business insights and actionable recommendations.
- Data modeling and analysis: Ad-hoc queries, report and dashboard design and build
- Provide data quality assurance.
- Build positive relationships and collaborate with a variety of diverse groups and technical teams
- Minimum 3 years, (5+ preferred) in a data analytics working with large data sets and high-performance queries and databases
- Ability to understand both the business and technical viewpoints in order to use analytics to provide business insights and actionable recommendations
- Experience with data modeling and analysis: Ad-hoc queries, report and dashboard design and build
- Experience providing data quality assurance
- Experience building positive relationships and collaborating with a variety of diverse groups and technical teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A creative approach to problem solving and the ability to work independently to manage deliverables in an environment with high levels of ambiguity
- SharePoint list management
- Oracle SQL
- MS Excel
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 10 Jun 2021, 2:10 PM