- Job no: 55273ENBJP00008471
- Categories: Engineering
On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Field Cost Analyst/ P6 Scheduler.
This will be a hybrid role. The Line 3 replacement team is looking for a person to perform Cost and Schedule Analysis. Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor Project Controls, provide analysis and support to the project team related to construction contract management, forecast and budget analysis, schedule review, LEMS entry, reporting of incurred costs and earned value measurements using Project Controls Cost Management System (EcoSys). The focus of this position is Field-level controls to support construction.
Location Duluth, Minnesota
- Review contractor-provided and P6 Master Schedules to ensure they are representative of the completed and planned work plans.
- Analyze and maintain the project contract(s) forecast and control budget at the WBS level with primary responsibility for field-level controls.
- Provide the project team with accurate and timely field cost information and reporting.
- Ensure contract Controls requirements are received timely and reviewed for accuracy.
- Liaise with other field stakeholders to ensure engagement with the construction progress, changes, highlights and issues.
- Communicate at a high level with central controls team for the project.
- Perform earned value measurements for the managed contracts per the PMO standards.
- LEMS entry, analysis and reconciliation.
- Vendor invoice reconciliation to LEMs as assigned.
- Participate in update meetings in the field related to cost, schedule and progress.
- Under the guidance of the Supervisor Project Controls, the incumbent will analyze and maintain cost related activities described under the Specific Accountabilities using the Project Controls Management System.
- This role is guided by standardized practices, existing processes, and general work assignment.
- Decision making follows established, written guidelines and/or the incumbent has immediate access to guidance or supervision by more senior Financial Controls professionals, including the Supervisor Project Controls.
- Field office work at desk. Use of computer and phone and personal interaction in a busy, noisy environment.
- Position work week is planned as 6 days per week, with occasional Sunday work as required to achieve objectives.
- Walk jobsite utilizing required PPE.
- Exposure to noise, moving equipment and uneven surfaces.
- Facilitate weekly progress meetings with contractor rep. and Construction Manager or Chief Inspector.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- University degree or related construction or operational training and/or experience.
- Proficient in the use of PCMS system and MS office suite, to include proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret work schedules.
- Demonstrated professional engagement at a high level with work group, stakeholders, and contractors in a team setting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and understands the importance of data reconciliation.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload, bring issues forward and develop working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Published on 25 Sep 2020, 12:00 PM