Our healthcare client in Salt Lake City, Utah is hiring Commercial Contracts Attorney for a contract opportunity.
About the Position:
The Commercial Contracts Attorney is responsible for leading all strategic commercial contract and process issues related to client –Surgery Master Purchase Agreements (MPA), Strategic Alliance Agreements (SAA), Demo Evaluations, Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI). This role will support the Surgery Sr. Legal Counsel and Commercial Contracts Team on commercial legal matters and improving existing processes. Key function is to establish and maintain efficient processes in the framework of a compliant culture across the region. The Commercial Contracts Leader may also provide support to the client Surgery Sourcing team.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Drive Commercial & Service Contract processes
• Partner with Legal, Commercial, Service Leadership to review customer requested changes to client Legal Terms & Conditions to minimize risk and ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
• Utilize client Terms & Conditions, Contracts Library and Apttus CLM Contracting Tool to draft, review and occasionally negotiate strategic business agreements and transactions such as (but not limited to) customer sales contracts, amendments and sales agreements.
• Partner with Strategic Accounts Team to generate, extend, and modify Master Purchase Agreements & Strategic Alliance Agreements
• Act as a cross-functional coordinator with Sr. Legal Counsel, Commercial Contracts Team, and Commercial or Service Reps
• Act as a business partner by applying combined business and legal judgment to proposed deals, relationships and other issues requiring legal or compliance attention
• Lead T&C negotiation calls with Customer Legal/Purchasing Teams, and Sales/Service Reps
• Collaborate cross functionally to ensure service can compliantly meet entitlements and proposed changes to service offerings
• Negotiate Stocking Agreements with Suppliers
• Drive improved commercial/fulfilment terms on existing supplier agreements
• Consolidate information & responses from Commercial, Service, Engineering, and Finance Teams for RFP & RFI responses.
• JD (or equivalent) with active bar membership; or,
• Paralegal or Contract Negotiator with 10+ years of Corporate Law or In-House Legal experience
• 5+ years of business law experience at a large law firm or corporate legal department, including but not limited to drafting, negotiating and closing complex business transactions (i.e., purchase, sale and distribution agreements).
• Previous experience drafting and negotiating complex business transactions
• Previous experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Experience of the Healthcare industry and previous exposure to medical industry regulations (FDA, Medicare/Medicaid anti-kickback)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Commercial Contracts Attorney, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.