- Based in beautiful Victoria, BC
- Full-time permanent position
- Opportunity to join a diverse, hardworking team who are on a collective mission to upgrade humanity one person at a time
- CPA designation required
Who are you?
You’re an experienced accountant, with a strong desire to work with a dynamic and mission-driven team. You’re excited by the opportunity to join a company with a vision to help people unlock their potential to live better and healthier lives.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you.
Who are we?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, Neurotech Forty, an established group of companies operating in Canada and the U.S., with an agile, start-up mindset and a passion for improving the lives of others through science and technology.
They have a portfolio of established companies as well as new start-ups (which include Bulletproof Radio, Upgrade Labs, 40 Years of Zen, and more) operating in the fast-paced Health and Lifestyle markets. Just a few of the many things they are into are infrared light technologies, supplements, large scale events, podcasts with over 77 million downloads and more!
What you’ll be doing
As the new Senior Accountant, reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for providing the timely and accurate preparation of financial results for use by all stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Monitor/manager all general ledger transactions and reconciliations, including inter-company billing and reconciliations.
- Manage the month end closing process.
- Generate timely, accurate, and relevant period end management reports.
- Analyzing and reporting on cost variances.
- Track, analyze and prepare industry specific KPI’s.
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with US GAAP.
- Assisting with the establishment and maintenance of internal controls and protocols.
- Help identify and execute on opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and to strengthen internal controls.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Ensure tax filings are prepared and filed on-time, including all required installment payments.
- Assist with the role out and integration of new finance/accounting tools.
- Working with cross-functional teams across all departments.
The organization is growing and changing rapidly, and so the best person for this role will be able to adapt to change effectively in a high-growth environment.
Beyond technical experience, success in this role will require a strategic, forward-thinking, and proactive nature. You will need to be able to identify and communicate potential issues and solutions before they become problems, and will take a high degree of accountability and responsibility.
This full-time, permanent position is based in Victoria, BC, working primarily remotely to start (likely until December 2021 or January 2022) and then mostly in-office after that. We are open to meeting exceptional candidates who may need to relocate.
This position offers a highly competitive compensation package including benefits.
What you’ll bring
- CPA designation is required
- 5+ years’ progressive accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of federal/state/provincial sales and payroll taxes.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of internal control environments.
- Exceptional Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools, skills.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.