Do you want to work for one of the largest electrical utility companies in Illinois & Missouri? They are currently looking for a Civil Structural Designer. If you are interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
· Under indirect and intermittent supervision, to perform responsible work requiring ability to take independent action and make decisions, in preparing basic sketches, making calculations and formulating the designs for construction and rehabilitation projects for transmission substations, service buildings, and other Company transmission properties; and to do related work as required.
· In this connection to perform details of work, such as: Create or modify layout drawings, site plans, grading, foundations, steel, equipment, grounding and other civil/structural drawings on which no definite design has been established other than the basic engineering, and for which information may be supplied in the form of sketches, specifications or verbal instructions.
Qualifications (education, experience special skills):
· Satisfactory completion of an associate degree in in design drafting, computer aided drafting or other drafting technology at an accredited university, college or junior college.
· Satisfactory completion of at least 15 credit hours in the field of structural/civil design, civil/ structural engineering or other study of civil/structural technology at an accredited university, college or junior college.
· Three years as a Civil/Structural Design I or five years of similar experience outside the Company in Civil/Structural design related work.