We are seeking a Rework Engineering Technician who will be providing rework support on motherboards and add-in-cards for 1+ month contract assignment in chandler, AZ
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
• Rework could range from simple passive replacements to medium complexity.
• The IMR PCB rework Technician will be responsible for developing thermal profiles for PCB components, identifying nozzles, revision control, updating/drafting rework instructions, performing soldering workmanship within IPC standards and deliver a quality product.
• The rework Tech will also be responsible for technical functions in support of engineering activities such as ECO’s, jig/fixture fabrication, or specialized rework equipment.
• Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect data or assist in research work.
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
• Qualified candidate will need to have engineering Technology background with 2-3 years of rework experience at a high-technician company. Basic rework skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time. Ability to work in a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities. Ability to work in a team environment.
• Provide 1st Level troubleshooting & debug support.
• Experience hand soldering and with SMT technology (SRT and OKI systems), Thermal profiling for SMT component install/ de-install. Various experiences performing hardware upgrades and CIP is a plus.
• Possess the ability to develop/interpret rework instructions, Certified/familiar with IPC Standards (.i.e. J-Std., 7711/7722), Understand revision control and PCB labeling.
Applicants with a Associates degree or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.