We are seeking a Linux Embedded Software Engineer who will be responsible to work on a camera and device driver project for a contract assignment in Chandler, AZ.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
• Develop, test, debug and integrate embedded system software
• Support system bring up, board power on, BSP and peripheral device drivers integration
• Familiar with Camera, audio/video compression
• Analyze software performance and enhance source code efficiency, stability, and scalability
• Develop test suites and test cases to measure I/O performance
• Assess third-party and open-source software modules and releases
• Support software quality assurance and generate weekly builds along with stability reports
• Interface with hardware design and development team to customize system software
To perform the above tasks, you must have the below skills:
• 5 years of experience in Linux kernel, software development, and integration
• Solid programming experience in C/C++ and Python
• Proven experience in embedded systems design with multitasking real-time operating systems
• Hands-on development and troubleshooting experience on embedded targets
• Strong OS fundamentals, Linux kernel, file systems, and debugging experienced are preferred
• Familiarity with software configuration management, defect tracking, and peer review tools
• Cross-platform, commercial product software development and deployments are pluses.
Applicants with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualifications in Computer science/engineering or electrical engineering will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.