- Job no: QDJYB
- Categories: Engineering
Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a ICS Infrastructure Analyst This is a contract position for one (1) year, the position is to be based out of one of the offices along the pipeline such as Fort St. John, Kamloops or Savona, BC.
Description: As part of the TIS Control System Support team you will be responsible for the reliability and stability for HMI workstations and network infrastructure along the Pipeline. Secondary responsibilities include providing subject matter expertise supporting IT projects & operations projects. The desired outcome is to ensure the system application and hardware reliability of HMI workstations, process data servers, & network devices connected to industrial control systems. This outcome is accomplished by providing Tier 2 &3 support. Perform troubleshooting & repair/replace activities for faulty control system server and workstation platforms & network components. Some of the aspects of these services will require an on-site presence & other aspects will be able to be performed remotely through control & corporate networks. As such, the position is to be based out of one of the offices along the pipeline such as Fort St. John, Kamloops or Savona, BC
Specific Accountabilities :
Maintenance and Support
- Provides control network workstation/server hardware specification, image management, lifecycle management, break-fix and troubleshooting.
- Supporting development, implementation, and managing preventative maintenance practices for operating system and hardware health.
- Ensure that the hardware is properly maintained and operating below any thresholds that might cause problems
- Identify and investigate areas that may require system solutions or improvements
- Ensure that backups of critical control system network equipment are maintained and up to date
- Perform break-fix and troubleshooting lead support of control system Ethernet network workstation and server platforms.
- Perform break-fix support of additional control system IT components (network and control system application) as directed
- Ensure control systems are in compliance with the organizations specifications, policies, applicable industry standards, and vendor specific requirements for existing and new equipment as it pertains to cyber security.
- Ensure that standards and best practices in the delivery and maintenance of systems are followed
- Create and maintain up to date knowledge base documentation of the network topology at all compressor facilities including network diagrams, processes and procedures
Management of Change:
- Support for the development, implementation, integration, and compliance to “Management of Change” policies for equipment and software systems that is within the scope of the responsibilities of this role.
- Ensure that the TIS model for Change Management is followed.
- MOC owner role for Control System IT Components (as per MOC definitions).
- MOC active participant in all Control System related changes.
Project Subject Matter Expert Support:
- Participate in Expansion and Maintenance Capital projects for all control system related projects.
- Assist the project team with the building, testing and deployment of a virtualized HMI solution to compressor and meter stations
- Experienced with operating in a test lab environment for stability testing of security patches, antivirus updates, and application functional patches on HMI platforms
- Recommend preferred solutions with alternatives and complete cost/benefit analysis
- Create project schedules/plans and identify milestones in conjunction with the business requirements
- Lead and/or participate, as a senior resource, in the analysis, configuration, modifying, testing, implementation, documentation and training of system functionality
- Safety critical role – manages systems and processes that impact the safety of others.
- Understand business priorities and identify critical requirements and understand the business that the systems support and how the data is used in the daily business of operating gas transmission
- Processes – responsible for developing, maintaining and streamlining processes
- Controls – responsible for developing, maintaining and adhering to controls affecting regulatory and corporate compliance
- Assets Managed – responsible for the management and maintenance of all TIS assets in Gas Transmission
- Resources – plan and prioritize activities of the team.
- Work inter-group technical initiatives. Identify the appropriate business and TIS parties to involve when dealing with both new requirements and existing issues
- Collaborate and partner with other technical and business groups to provide the best overall solutions for the company and to ensure quality delivery
- Work with others on the TIS Control system support Team to cross train and be able to understand Control system systems.
- Provide on-going network communication support to Gas Control Operations
- Maintain a high level of engagement with regional operations staff, Area Managers, Field Operators, and TIS shared groups Partner with Operations, Engineering and vendors in designing, implementing and maintaining control system IT cyber security requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- 10 years of directly related work experience
- Previous SCADA/HMI and ICS experience
- Must have or be able to obtain safety certificates for operating sites/stations.
- Strong network administration skills.
- Familiarity with OPC, MODBUS, & DNP telemetry protocols.
- Working knowledge of Windows server 2008/2012/2016, Windows XP/7/10; Data Historians, Thin Clients: Axiomtek DSP600 with HP monitors; HMI Applications: Proficy, Historian, RSLogix, GE PLC, Bently Nevada Vibration Controller and Allen Bradley PLC; knowledge for Cisco
- Published on 10 Feb 2021, 10:23 PM