Our banking client is currently hiring Corporate Actions Specialist, to ensure accurate and timely Corporate Actions processing in the Sophis risk system for US/CAD based trading accounts. This is a contract opportunity based in Jersey City, NJ with an option to work hybrid after September.
• To ensure accurate and timely Corporate Actions processing in the Sophis risk system for US/CAD based trading accounts.
• This person can demonstrate the ability to improve and standardize procedures, KRI’s KPIs, management presentations, metrics, and process flows across functions within the team. Initiates and develop process enhancements and is seen as a key senior expert for all questions pertaining to that team from other areas. Able to communicate differently with stakeholders in different areas at different levels (“know your audience”).
• Supports US and Canadian Trading desks through Corporate Actions processing. Product Include: Equities (ETFs, ADRs Domestic and Canadian), Fixed Income and Equity/Index Options
• Responsible for all mandatory corporate actions processing and reconciliation within Sophis. Events consist of: mergers, tenders, conversions, cash dividends, stock splits, dividend reinvestments (DRIPS), spinoffs, and optional dividends
• Responsible for all voluntary corporate action processing and reconciliation within Sophis. Review voluntary offer notification and reconcile all receivables, payables, and position balances against the reorganizational department
• Process and reconcile all Equity and Index Options, exercises, assignments and expirations within Sophis
• Review and process all option notices from the OCC and CDS related to adjustments due to Corporate Actions
JOB SPECIFICATIONSAND QUALIFICATIONS
• This role would typically require functional and industry experience and/or expertise, as they are expected to be subject area experts in several specific skill sets, business areas, or products. Requires a level of maturity and ability to form relationships across the Firm to do things to do things the RBC way (e.g., focuses on "How" and "what").
• Typically requires at least 8 or more years of relevant industry and operations experience, expertise and relationships.
• Robust knowledge of corporate action events and processing
• Robust product knowledge of Equities (ETFs, ADRs Domestic and Canadian), Fixed Income and Equity/Index Options
• Proficiency in Sophis, CAR, DTCC, Markit and ADP
• Team player with strong problem solving and communication skills
Skills and Competencies
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of specialty transaction guidelines and systems
• Advanced user proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, spreadsheet/financial accounting skills, and any other related accounting software
• Knowledge of Sophis, DTC CA Web, Markit, CAR would be an asset
• 40-45 hours per week total
• 1-2 hours remote access required on weekends on average
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Corporate Actions Specialist, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.