Join the Toronto Police Service Digital Project Team and play a leading role in reinventing the Services’ digital citizen experience. You will be part of a team who will be reinventing our digital citizen experiences. You will have a chance to collaborate with citizens, business partners, police officers and your techie colleagues to develop hypotheses and validate those to make a significant impact on Toronto citizens and Toronto Police Service officers and staff. This unique opportunity will allow you to learn various platforms and technologies and contribute to continuously improving our digital delivery skillsets as we grow as a team and into multiple teams. If you are a curious individual who loves to learn, loves change and an environment where you can be expressive and challenged by other ideas, you are needed on this team.
As a member of the digital team, you will contribute to various projects and teams. You will analyze user requirements and user experience for large complex systems and assess feasibility, facilitate problem identification and resolution. You will also prepare process flows, designs, and user documentation and facilitate user feedback, monitor testing and implementation. Furthermore, you will collaborate with citizens, business partners, police officers and colleagues to understand user needs, ideate solutions, create designs for solutions, create prototypes and validate those with users. You will learns various platforms and technologies and contribute to continuously improving the Services digital delivery skillsets. In addition, you will provide guidance to junior staff, assign and check the work of others performing similar tasks and will represent the Unit on various committees and working groups.
- Uses human centered design to improve digital citizen services, police officer and TPS staff tools
- Uses various methods of user research to test ideas
- Creates user research plans, recruits participants, facilitates user research, analyzes findings and delivers insights
- Uses various methods of user testing to validate ideas and solutions
- Creates user test plans, recruits participants, facilitates user testing, analyzes findings and documents user needs for the digital team
- Explains user research in a way that creates user empathy
- Translates user research to product iterations
- Presents and justifies design decisions made by the team and always shows the decision making process is user and data driven
- Presents and creates visual artifacts (these include presentations, wireframes, and prototypes)
- Uses empathy maps, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, presentations and reports
- Facilitates the team to share ideas
- Advocates for users; citizens of Toronto and Toronto Police Service officers and staff
- Uses conceptual and logical data modeling
- Consolidates and analyzes data (web stats, user research, and various consolidated data inputs) to create insights for the development team
- Creates documentation for digital solutions and collaborates with the digital team and product owners to build consensus on direction that best addresses a superior user experience
- Creates engaging user training assets
- Collaborates with team members across disciplines and departments.
- Tests and validates solutions
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of design thinking practice at Toronto Police Service Digital
- Maintains current knowledge of trends in technology and introduces new approaches as appropriate
- Plans implementation and conversion schedules and methods
- Coordinates the daily activities of junior staff to meet project schedules Participates in hiring interviews
- Plans, designs, develops and customizes complex business application systems Provides system support to production applications
- Assists in the preparation of project budgets and contracts. Assists in the selection of consultants and vendors to provide Hardware/ Software
- Performs typical duties inherent to the position
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Must have five years previous experience in progressively responsible related positions, including two years in system development, database and analysis and two to three years in prototyping and requirements analysis
- Must have experience with Microsoft stack
- Must have experience working with cloud based solutions and cloud deployment
- Must have experience with human centered design
- Must have demonstrated experience in a design team and specific outputs such as user research plans, user test plans, wireframes, prototypes experience and other assets produced during your human centered design experiences building digital solutions
- Must have hands on experience producing data models
- Must have experience with analyzing, interpreting data and presenting it visually
- Must have experience working in Agile Product Development is an asset
Education, Training, Certifications or Designations Required
- University or College Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Training in Analysis, Design and Test Methodology and Tools; Data and Process Modeling; Full System Development Life Cycle; Supervision, Project Management; Training Package Development and Methodology would be an asset
ABOUT IAN MARTIN
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.