Our Oil and Gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire an Environmental Advisor for a 12-month contract role – with potential extension(Work from Home until pandemic ends).
What you will be doing…
· Environmental Advisors are responsible for the development, execution and continuous improvement of environmental programs designed to achieve environmental compliance and support environmentally responsible operation of the gas distribution system.
· Provide support, expertise and leadership in core Environmental Programs such as: Environmental Compliance Approvals (Air and Noise, Stormwater); Hazardous Waste Management, Spills Management, Environmental Planning (including Environmental Assessments, Screening and Permitting), Contaminated Sites and Excess Soil.
· Responsible for preparing environmental reports to regulators (responsibility includes coordination, data collection and evaluation, report writing, review, approvals and final submission)
· Developing, sustaining, executing and integrating environmental standards, programs and procedures for application across the company
· Supporting and responding to environmental inquiries and emergencies such as spills, suspect soil, and environmental planning/permitting inquires from across the organization
· Developing scopes of work and reviewing and interpreting environmental results/reports; applying knowledge and experience to provide sound environmental advice and recommendations to business
· Preparing written communication (letters/reports) on environmental matters for stakeholders and regulators
· Participating in and leading meetings with project teams including internal/external stakeholders to discuss environmental projects, develop strategies for execution and supporting environmental compliance
· Identify opportunities for improvement within environmental programs and environmental aspects of construction projects; develop strategies and solutions to environmental matters and present recommendations to project teams for decision and implementation
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in environmental engineering or environmental science;
· Professional designation in environmental field (i.e: P.Eng., P.Geo., EP)
· Minimum of 7 years applied, progressive environmental engineering/science experience
Nice to Have
· Graduate level degree considered an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.