- Job no: 55273TCJP00006339
- Category: Engineering
Our key client, one of North America’s largest natural gas and crude oil pipelines, along with nuclear power facilities distributors is looking to add a Project Controller to their team.
Job Title: Project Controller
Work Type: Hybrid (2 or 3 days in the office)
Job Location: Charleston, WV 25301, USA
Duration: 2 - year contract (with possible extension)
- Provides project management support services in the areas of project initiation, cost management, change management, progress measurement, reporting, and project closeout.
- Project Controls collaborates with project managers on the development and review of the project plan, estimate, schedule, risk, and contractual requirements.
- Develops and implements project controls and monitoring procedures to ensure the achievement of project schedule and cost objectives.
- Collect, analyze, and report on project data and costs from various stakeholders (e.g., engineering, procurement, construction, and accounting).
- Provides input on PC Organizational structure and maintains staffing worksheet.
- Full understanding of overall project scope.
- Reviews Estimate and maps to the control WBS.
- Sets up control WBS and budgets in SAP.
- Provides input into project controls plan.
- Reviews schedule, provides input and maintains a list of project key milestones.
- Ensures the project has appropriate AFE funding.
- Reviews schedule and other forecast drivers to update project time phasing for control budget and estimate to complete.
- Completes requisitions for the commitment of project materials and services.
- Completes incurred costs reporting and variance explanations.
- Monitors cost and committed to budget and forecast.
- Updates cost management system with time-phased data, contractor progress, and project trends.
- Review project invoices to ensure that costs align with incurred costs.
- Review contractor cost and progress and provide input to estimate completion.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management, rules of credit, and progress measurement.
- Monitors cost progress and performance metrics to establish potential and pending trends.
- Interfaces with project management, engineering, construction, and procurement departments for project forecasting and trends.
- Preparation of detailed project cost reports, scorecards, and project scans.
- Responsible for maintaining project trend log.
- Participates in HRIM and QRA meetings and updates budgets and forecasts accordingly.
- Provides overall support to Senior Project Controls.
- Makes project presentations to management as required.
- Involved in Administrative, Financial, and System close-out activities.
- Typically operates under supervision with clearly defined assignments and precise instructions.
- Would be part of a project controls team on large-scale projects and support intermediate.
- University degree with 5 to 10 years of related experience.
- Field experience is considered an asset
- Experience with executing moderate-risk capital projects of different asset types such as pipe and facilities, through both the Development and Implementation phases.
- Closed 25 days ago - 01 Sep 2022