COVID-19 Data Entry Specialist (Home-Based)
Data Entry Specialist
· 100% Remote
· Full-Time Contract
· Entry-level position
Alberta Health Services (AHS) needs your help to curb the spread of COVID-19—working from your own home, you can support the courageous efforts of frontline medical workers who are fighting to keep Canadians safe.
Now more than ever, accurate data has become and essential tool in public health. By maintaining up-to-date information on incidences of COVID transmission and related trends, you’ll empower decision makers and contribute directly to the success of public health management.
This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience with a government agency. If your education or career have been put on hold by the pandemic, this is your chance to develop valuable skills while making a difference.
In this administrative support position, you will be responsible for entering and maintaining data relevant to infections and exposure to COVID-19. Using a variety of platforms (including SharePoint, Netcare, and CDOM) you will support the work of contract tracers and health administration by maintaining accurate and accessible records.
· Process COVID Millennium Lab results
· Answer Provincial COVID line or other established phone lines and email accounts
· Process Auto-generated data (RedCap) or data from other data repositories
· Data entry into multiple data bases
· Data management and reporting
· Draft summary reports, analysis of data, creation of documents, preparing communication to clients and stakeholders
· Monitor general email addresses
· Development of staff daily schedules
· Participate in process improvement and evaluation
· Maintenance and quality improvement of SharePoint sites
- Ability to understand and explain medical terms/concepts
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to use sound judgment
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, establishing and maintaining collaborative professional relationships
- Strong time management skills (organization, prioritization, multitasking)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency with use of computers (desktop, laptop, tablet)
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 (i.e., Outlook, Word)
- Proficiency with use of mobile devices (smartphones, mobile apps)
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Netcare, and CDOM
- Ability to connect with the overall public health and population response
- Experience in data collection and data entry
- Experience with health education, community outreach, linkage to care, social services, or other public health services
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate (in data entry, medical office assistant, etc.), preferably in health or a related field
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Associate degree or equivalent with up to one year of applicable health experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
This is a temporary, remote, contract position. We are currently hiring for two standard shifts: 8AM to 4:15PM and 12:45PM to 9:00PM (MST). Rate of pay will be $20 per hour, and you will require a personal laptop or desktop computer. Any other equipment needed will be provided.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications for this opportunity, only candidates that match the qualifications—based on experience, test scores and availability to work currently needed shift openings—will be contacted to move forward with an interview.