- Job no: PDKAA
- Categories: Engineering
Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for a Construction Officer. This is a contract position for eleven (11) months located in Burnaby, British Columbia.
- Inspect construction work which may be on substations, transmission lines, and hydroelectric equipment by using excellent skills in inspection procedures and understanding of construction methods to meet deadlines and comply with building and safety codes.
- Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work and performing Safe Work Observations using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations to improve safety performance.
- Conduct or coordinate site testing, surveying, and estimating activities by using good working knowledge of engineering drawings to enable timely progression of projects. The potential working conditions may include adverse weather and working at heights or underground.
- Support contract and/or work order administration by collaborating with contractors and/or internal construction services to ensure that the work, materials, progress, and costs meet expectations so that projects are implemented as planned.
- Act as a subject matter expert by providing advice on complex technical issues to develop future capability.
- Respond appropriately to internal and third-party construction inquiries by using excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to professionally represent on-site, as assigned.
- Must have 7+ years experience in construction as a construction officer/manager
- Must have Diploma in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Technology from an Institute of Technology or relevant trades, apprenticeship courses, or equivalent
- Must have electrical background
- Experience working on substations and high voltage equipment is strongly preferred.
- Must have valid class 5 drivers licence
- This position is based out of the Lower Mainland in Vancouver.
- Candidates should be based in Vancouver and willing to drive to different locations in the lower mainland for the work.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 24 Apr 2021, 12:10 AM