- Job no: PCY3A
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for an IT Project Manager with experience in application or infrastructure technologies. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The IT Project Manager will be accountable for the successful completion of medium to high risk and highly complex IT projects or the IT component of business projects safely, with quality, within budget and on time by leading cross-functional teams and applying project management principles.
- Lead the project team to successful project completion by mobilizing project resources, tailoring standard delivery methodology, preparing project gate reviews, and ensuring project readiness using creativity, flexibility, and an ability to manage time and priorities to support the achievement of business objectives throughout the company.
- Plan, direct, and report on IT projects or the IT aspect of business projects by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources, and status and creating documents such as project charter, project management plans and schedules, risks and issues logs, financial reports, and completion reports so that the projects are implemented as planned.
- Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using analytical thinking, coaching skills, negotiation skills, as well as presentation, facilitation, stakeholder management, and relationship building skills to fulfill the business needs.
- Proactively progress project schedules, manage change, and escalate issues as needed by focusing on desired outcomes, modifying project plans when required, and seeking advice from the appropriate stakeholders to enable successful completion of projects safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
- Manage all aspects of project delivery including managing vendor teams to enable optimal technology awareness and use across the organization.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders through regular reporting and communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
- Complete project management activities for Infrastructure projects which may consist of an update or upgrade in data center components including server, storage, network and appliances, Operating System (OS), supporting software and system modules to ensure that applications will operate in upgraded/updated environments
Must have Experience
- 7 + years of IT project management experience in application or infrastructure technologies in a complex enterprise environment or equivalent.
- Must have 7+ years experience with IT infrastructure projects as a Project Manager
- Must have experience with telecom infrastructure projects
- Experience in enterprise environments
- Proven experience in delivering infrastructure projects, preferred
- Experience with complex infrastructure technologies, including system software and hardware components, data center operations, cloud, mobile, system integrations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of various Project Management methodologies and proven ability to tailor them to the needs of the assigned projects
- Experience in public sector or utilities, an asset
- Excellent working experience with systems and software development lifecycle and IT project management methodologies
Education and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology, Business, Economics, related discipline, or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation or equivalent, an asset
- PMI certification, other Project Management certification or relevant educational background.
- Primavera P6 skills, an asset
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication kills for professional environment, written and spoken
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 17 Feb 2021, 5:37 PM