Our client who are a multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets have excellent opportunity for Software Integration Engineer in Austin, TX but remote unless need to work onsite at the Dallas Fort Worth airport.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
We are building the next generation of digital solutions that streamline the work of airline crews, both on the ground and in the air. Our suite of user-friendly and highly integrated applications improves communication and brings real-time data to end-users to boost operational efficiency. Our software and services are customized to meet the unique operational demands of each airline. To support our fast-growing customer base in the Americas, we are now looking for highly motivated and talented professionals to join our US-based team.
Essential Functions / Key Areas of Responsibility
New and existing customers in region will require this position's focus providing integration software to integrate the airline with our product. Once fully integrated, we will be capable of generating billable customer services. It is of utmost importance that developments are executed in a timely manner and with required quality and efficiency. As a Software Integration Engineer, you will be part of the Integration team and be responsible for designing and implementing backend connections between our platform and the airline / third-party IT systems. You must enjoy technical challenges and be eager to deliver robust IT solutions that will delight our customers.
Design, code and maintain backend system integrations on our Apache Camel-based middleware hosted on AWS.
• Work closely with the Product Owner to analyze functional, infrastructural and technical requirements.
• Provide clear and timely reports on status of development, technical problems and other relevant details to internal stakeholders.
• Support technical discussions with the customer and third-party suppliers (flight planning system provider, weather providers, etc.) during the implementation phase.
• Consistently meet established deadlines.
• Provide support and maintain documentation for the Operations team.
• Assist in troubleshooting incidents impacting customer operations and propose recovery actions.
• Participate in team retrospectives and document lessons learned.
• You should be autonomous and have excellent communication skills to work with team members in different parts of the world.
• Experience with Java, Java EE
• Experience with Camel
• Experience with API’s, REST, SOAP
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Tomcat
Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline with a minimum of 8-12+ years of relevant experience or a Master's degree in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline with 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Enterprise infrastructure systems and knowing how to apply them.
• Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
• Experience with Java, Java EE, Camel, Spring.
• Experience with JBoss, Wildfly, Tomcat.
• Experience with TDD, jUnit, Hibernate, Quartz, FlyWay, Hazelcast, Swagger.
• Experience with enterprise message brokers. (RabbitMq, IBM MQ, ...) • Experience working and deploying containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher).
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex developments in a time-sensitive environment.
• Ability to assess critical problems, establish facts, and communicate these clearly.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player with an agile mindset.
• Thrive in a dynamic environment with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Self-driven and able to work autonomously with limited direct supervision.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying enterprise solutions using with Amazon Webservices such as EC2, S3, Lambda
• Experience working on distributed mobility platforms is highly desirable.
• Exposure to the aviation industry or piloting are a plus.
• Experience in a multi-cultural work environment or proficiency in another language are desirable Skills and Experience
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Software Integration Engineer, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.