Join the Toronto Police Service Digital Project Team and play a leading role in reinventing the Services’ digital citizen experience. You will be part of a team who will be reinventing our digital citizen experiences. You will have a chance to collaborate with citizens, business partners, police officers and your techie colleagues to develop hypotheses and validate those to make a significant impact on Toronto citizens and Toronto Police Service officers and staff. This unique opportunity will allow you to learn various platforms and technologies and contribute to continuously improving our digital delivery skillsets as we grow as a team and into multiple teams. If you are a curious individual who loves to learn, loves change and an environment where you can be expressive and challenged by other ideas, you are needed on this team.
Description of Work
As a member of the digital team, you will contribute to various projects and teams. You will design and code complex new software, systems, programs, apps and enhancements. You will analyze and correct complex application problems on existing systems and test and document new programs, enhancements and corrections.
You will also collaborate with citizens, business partners, police officers, vendors and colleagues to understand user needs, ideate solutions, develop solutions and validate those with users. You will lead the development team in a role of a Scrum Master. Furthermore, you will learn various platforms and technologies and contribute to continuously improving the Services digital delivery skillsets.
In addition, you will mentor team developers/Jr. Developers with technical guidance and work prioritization. You will provide technical guidance to junior staff and assign and check the work of others doing similar work, including the implementation of coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations The IT Professional Resource will adhere to TPS/ITS core values and working terms.
- Designs, develops and delivers digital solutions (web, mobile, platform) that significantly improve our citizen experience and police officer and staff experience
- Balances quality of code with citizen and police officer needs and business requirements
- Collaborates with team members cross disciplines and departments.
- May be required to act as Scrum Master for the team, removing impediments from the development team.
- Engages with real users to understand need, validate hypotheses, conduct user testing
- Contributes input and expertise to the overall success of the team.
- Facilitates input and expertise from rest of the team to ensure every voice is heard
- Mentors team developers with technical guidance and work prioritization
- Tests and validates code.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of design thinking practice at Toronto Police Service Digital.
- Researches, experiments and oversees continuous improvement of the scrum development team
- Evaluates Requests for Proposals and development tools. Assists with the analysis, evaluation, documentation and design of complex systems.
- Creates user documentation and technical program documentation for use by personnel.
- Trains small groups of users
- Acts as a liaison with the Technical Support Group, Database Administrators, and vendors. May be required to participate in special projects including (but not limited to) the design, development, implementation, monitoring and testing of data base systems
- Leads a triage team to evaluate, prioritize and assign the resolution of defects
- Updates job knowledge by using the latest development tools, programming techniques, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organization
- Performs typical duties inherent to the position
ABOUT IAN MARTIN
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.