- Job no: NNJ34
- Category: Engineering
We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Design Team Lead
Resume Due Date: Thursday, May 13th 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 2 years
Design Team Lead (DTL) is proficient in the use of Engineering Change Control processes and procedure. DTL is accountable for the production and delivery of high quality design products as part of the Pickering Safe Store Project.
The Design Team Lead will:
- Be responsible for coordinating and delegating work with a team of Design Engineers to meet safety, quality, schedule and cost commitments as established by the Engineering Section Managers and/or Project Managers.
- Prepare engineering documentation, including engineering specifications, procedures, training manuals, operations manuals and drawings.
- Adhere to specific governance, processed and guidelines used to prepare/revise engineering and project documentation.
- Conduct field work to validate assumptions for ongoing assignments, and to provide technical support/oversight for execution activities.
- Assist in project planning, including preparation of Project Execution Plans, project estimating, Risk Register, Business Case Summary, and other pertinent documents.
- Prepare/revise technical justifications, procedures, training and qualification plans.
- Interface with regulators and stakeholders on technical matters.
- University Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- P. Eng designation required.
- 5 + years of experience with Engineering Change Control.
- Nuclear experience preferred.
- Pickering and safe store experience preferred.
- Fuel handling knowledge, design and experience is considered asset.
- Experienced licensed operators/supervisor shift personnel is considered an asset.
- Project management or Project Coordination experience is considered an asset.
- Published on 10 May 2021, 8:13 PM