We are seeking a Driver Development Engineer who will be responsible for authoring firmware specifications, developing Firmware reference code, unit test case development and develop or support platform BIOS for a contract assignment in Hillsboro, OR.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Develop Firmware, reference code and related documentation for Discrete Graphics Silicon products for Client and Server.
· Responsible for authoring firmware specifications, developing Firmware reference code, unit test case development and developing / supporting platform BIOS for Intel's CPUs and chipsets.
· Work closely with hardware design teams and be responsible for all firmware and BIOS related issues during the planning, development, and validation stages of the program.
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
· 3 years industrial experience on BIOS development or related areas.
· Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with C & python language, Intel x86 knowledge, baseboard BIOS, software development and tools.
· Demonstrating improvements in development processes due to technical issues is preferred.
· Strong C and Python programming skills with experience with modular software design
· Solid understanding of IA-32 platform architecture
· Technical experience with software design, development, test and documentation.
· Experience in baseboard BIOS, UEFI, TIANO, EDK/EDKII is preferred
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer science/engineering or electrical engineering or other relevant majors will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted