· Opportunity to work on small, focused teams
· Find solutions to real world problems
· Collaborate with talented, motivated professionals
There’s one thing that every smart, qualified software engineer wants: the freedom to do their job without getting held up by process and red tape.
We at Ian Martin are hiring for our client—an industry leader in digital payments and e-commerce. Their development environment fosters creativity, learning, and promises a real-world impact. Here, you’ll be able to work on interesting technical problems autonomously, because design solutions and strategies come from the development team, not management.
If that sound interesting to you, we’re hiring right now.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the design and development of backend, service, and portal systems that reside on our payment processing platforms. As part of a dynamic and exciting development centre, you’ll engage with a variety of languages, frameworks, libraries, and services, while utilising state-of-the-art software techniques, including Behavioural Driven Development, and CI/CD.
Because of the complexity of our work, it’s important that you’re a self starter who’s able to tolerate ambiguity. Client problems will not always have a single, correct answer; you’ll need to employ creativity, research, and testing to find the best possible solutions.
Succeeding in this role will require equal parts technical and people skills. Our senior team is responsible for leading by example and coaching our junior staff—that’s why you’ll need to have excellent communication skills in addition to your technical ones. Being able to provide and receive feedback clearly is integral to our team process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand/scope merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations
- Provide high quality, innovative technical solutions that deliver value to our customers
- Improve the software development process, methodologies, and tools through applied experience, automation, and simplification
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate, useful on time – we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours
- Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks
- Assist with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data centre
This will be a full-time, permanent position with salary commensurate with your experience. Our client is an established company which will provide security and a great work culture experience. They believe in growth and development for employees; you’ll be able to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from colleagues, and master your craft.
- 8-10 years experience in software engineering
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in server-side product development
- Expertise in at least one OO language (e.g. Java, C#, Ruby, Go)
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design, and related areas
- Proven experience translating Business Requirements into solutions
Applying with Ian Martin
Ian Martin is an established IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work. When you apply, you’ll get more than just a chance at a great job—you’ll become part of vast network of engineering and tech employers that are always changing.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.