Our oil and gas client in North York, ON is looking to hire a Engineering Analyst II for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
The role resides in the Integrity Data Assessment team in Integrity which focuses on risk modelling and assessment, data governance, and software administration for all types of assets in Integrity.
This contract position will be dedicated to a multi-year integration project to integrate Legacy Union TIMP pipelines into the Pipeline Risk and Integrity Management (PRIM) software; the team is looking for a highly motivated and technically sound Engineering Analyst to perform the following duties:
• Conduct detailed checks of converted pipeline dataset to ensure they meet reporting standards and accurately reflect the pipeline specifications
• Review Engineering drawings, bill of materials, other company records to validate pipeline specifications
• Review and assess pipeline Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) records and digitize pertinent information using the PRIM software package.
• Create and manipulate GIS dataset using satellite imagery and basic tools in ESRI ArcMap software package
• Obtain a technical understanding of Integrity documents and processes to drive improvements to the data supporting Integrity and Risk assessments.
What you will need to succeed…
MUST HAVE qualifications:
• Technology diploma, Engineering degree, or experience with Client records
• Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, engineering drawings, and as-built construction drawings
• Technically inclined with ability to understand and solve problems by formulating conclusions based on various data inputs
• A high level of attention to detail and capable of quickly and independently learning new processes
• Strong sense of organization and planning
• Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to self-learn new software platforms
NICE TO HAVE qualifications:
• Previous experience in Records Management, Pipeline/Materials engineering, or Integrity
• Knowledge of Client policy and procedures
• Experience with Client systems such as GIS, SAP, Maximo, Projectwise
• Experience working with ESRI ArcMap or Google Earth
• Proficient in VB Script and SQL coding languages
* No travel required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.