Our oil and gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Application Developer for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
This position will provide operational expertise for key applications utilized within Gas Distribution. You will be an integral part of a sustainment team that is committed to reliable application services and delivering on business strategy, working with a PaaS solutions (Microsoft Dynamics / Salesforce).
• Performing sustainment/development activities inclusive of Incidents, Requests, Defects, or Enhancements in a team environment
• Duties will include support applications built on Salesforce / Microsoft Dynamics
• Competent and frequent interaction with business clients, TIS peers and external vendor partners
• Maintain data integrity, accuracy, security, and reliability of systems
• Learning business processes supported by the application
• Providing high quality sustainment and development in adherence to defined development methodology and standards
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
• 4+ years of directly related work experience
• Undergraduate degree of diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
• Ability to independently take responsibility for assignments, prioritize and organize work
• Experience with customer facing applications
Ability to efficiently troubleshoot technical problems
• Ability to Communicate effectively and frequently with business clients, TIS colleagues, and Vendors; be responsive and available to client concerns, issues, feedback, and questions.
• Experience with Salesforce, preferably with Adminstrator/Developer certification.
• Experience with SQL Developer, PL SQL and/or SQL
• Experience with MS Visual Studio / .NET C#
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to influence people
• A passion to learn new technologies
• Experience working in a dynamic application environment which drives the requirement to be agile
• Must possess key team player qualities including integrity, accountability, and adaptability to change
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, decision-making. and problem solving skills including root cause analysis
• Experience with data and webservice integration technologies and associated trouble shooting.
Nice to have skills:
• Experience working with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, or other Platform as a Service offerings
• Experience with IT Infrastructure inclusive of Windows 7/10, Office 365, Exchange, Mobility, Physical/Virtual Windows Server, Networking, SQL Server, and Monitoring
• Experience with other programming languages including Java
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.