We are looking for a Material Coordinator who will be responsible to ensure the timely and efficient procurement and management of materials associated with special order engineering and complex design projects in Liverpool, NY.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
Responsible to ensure the timely and efficient procurement and management of materials associated with special order engineering and complex design projects, including support for TVC requirements associated with Transmission and other designated asset families.
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Know How:
· Broad understanding of company software applications which support work and design processes including: Work Management (Maximo/Storms), Document Management Systems, Investment/Financial Systems (Copperleaf, SAP, Power Plan).
· Experience managing customer, regulatory and/or supplier relationships and demonstrates the ability to recognize and understand needs, problems and/or opportunities and develop appropriate solutions.
· Experience managing and integrating the work of a functional team/business unit and demonstrates the ability to provide direction, the appropriate structure and effective resourcing to enable the team to deliver high performance.
· Experience managing the work of a technical functional area and demonstrates taking specific actions to enable the team to function efficiently and effectively.
· Demonstrates the ability to collaborate within and across National Grid.
· Ability to communicate vision and engage customers and stakeholders.
· Bachelor of Science in Technical Discipline or Equivalent Experience
· 1-3 years or more of prior experience
· Internal stakeholders include in part, Gas Asset Management, Gas System Engineering, Gas Capital Delivery, Field Operations, and Resource Planning
· Ongoing communications and collaboration with other areas of Gas System Engineering (Design Engineering, Corrosion, Meter Shop, Advanced Technology, CSC/Public Works)
· Resource Planning & Coordination and Project Management
· Coordinate material management for capital improvement projects in assigned region to support gas capital plan.
· Direct personnel in the development of special/Non-stock material quotes, initiation of material purchase orders, tracking and documentation of material deliveries, receipt and inspection of materials, material property verification & management of material documentation.
· Direct non-stock warehouse activities and invoicing for warehouse services and materials
· Identify and support needs associated with material procurement vendor selections, including blanket vendors.
· Support development of non-stock material forecasts and bundling of material orders.
· Manage excess non-stock material process and ensure efficient re-use, recovery, or disposal of materials.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Material Coordinator, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.