Do you want to work for one of the largest electrical utility company in Illinois & Missouri? They are currently looking for a GIS Analyst to support their facility in St. Charles, MO. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
· The GIS Analyst is responsible for gathering, organizing and classifying post flight and post field work UAS and other remotely sensed data.
· Data will predominantly be in the form of standard digital imagery collected by drone but may consist of other imagery gathering types and other types of data such as infrared, multi-spectral and LiDAR.
· The GIS Analyst will also be responsible for performing computer based annotation processes on select datasets to support development of Artificial intelligence (AI) and Deep Learning (DL).
· The Clerk is expected to learn various asset types related to the business in order to accurately identify them in photographs and videos as well as identify failure modes.
· The GIS Analyst will also be responsible for loading and processing ground and drone gathered LiDAR and Imagery data to support various 3D data creation processes, orthophotos rendering and other processing activities.
Key responsibilities include:
· Gather and organize imagery captured by drones. Classify imagery sets by type and failure mode.
· Annotate image datasets primarily under the direction of the Chief Data Scientist and AI development team.
· Keep accurate and up to date records of the location of data and ensure that team members can access data types both quickly and efficiently.
· Create delivery datasets for various stakeholders from organized data under the direction of Sr. Staff and as needed.
· Communicate with stakeholders and co-workers about data organization methods and provide regular updates to the UAS Dept. Lead on progress and workload.
· Be available for team meetings on a weekly or as needed basis.
· Process field scanned data from the Leica RTC 360 using various processing software. Training will be provided, Generate orthophotos from field data gathered using Pix4D or other software. Training will be provided.
· Post process LiDAR data gathered by drone. Training will be provided.
· Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Geography/GIS, Engineering, Computer Science or other technical field from an accredited college or university is preferred, a combination of education and work experience in related fields will be considered.
· 1 year of experience in data science, IT Support role, Photogrammetry or combination is preferred.
· LiDAR processing, Infrared Certification and other geosciences certifications and capabilities are a plus.