- Job no: MP6N9
- Categories: Finance/Accounting
The Contract Specialist is responsible for the financial and contractual management of the Project’s critical contracts, namely the larger and more complex professional services, procurement and trade contract agreements. The Contract Specialist works closely with the engineering and construction management teams in the day to day management of service providers, vendors and contractors. The Contract Specialist is also responsible for monitoring and documenting contractual performance of the agreements ensuring strict observance of terms and conditions, including those relating to the monthly measurement of services, associated indicators, fulfillment of deadlines, and cost commitments.
- Ensures an efficient and conflict free daily interface between project team members and vendors/contractors by administering contracts and resolving problems with delivery, scheduling, scope changes, pricing issues and quality concerns.
- Ensures contractual requirements are met during execution and ensures contract management procedures and internal control safeguards are effectively implemented.
- Monitors and evaluates vendor/contractor’s contractual performance and communicates their performance record by providing appropriate recognition or instructions for corrective actions. Develops and conducts vendor assessments and contract specific audit plans as required.
- Develops and maintains a network of relationships with stakeholder groups within the project and vendor/contractor community.
- Provides support with the preparation of the RFP package and technical evaluation prior to award;
- Participates in the development of sourcing and contracting strategies;
- Collects documentation and data to defend the Company’s interests and to reduce its risk exposure related to vendor/contractor claims;
- Provides technical support and analysis in the negotiation and resolutions of vendor/contractor claims;
- Assists the Manager, Contract Management in the development, implementation and maintenance of Contract Management procedures;
- Coordinates contractor mobilization, manpower ramp up, equipment training, certification and signoff;
- Receives, verifies and manages all contractual documentation, including insurance certificates, daily reports, time and material reports, etc…
- Administers Requests for Information (RFI) and the contract change management process;
- Manages Field Work Instructions, Contract Change Orders, and the pre and post change order work;
- Ensures financial control processes are enforced in accordance with corporate governance requirements;
- Leads the invoice review process, maintains invoice checklist/issues log to ensure consistent and rigorous attest;
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators relating to the measurement of the services contracted, and provides regular performance assessments to the Project Team;
- Maintains tracking logs for deliveries, mobilization, claims, warranty, issues, and changes;
- Files and archives all contractual documentation, maintaining progress meeting minutes; and
- Coordinates, and compiles for archiving, contract closeout requirements including final contractor documentation, title searches, final payment releases, and contractor performance record.
- 5+ years experience managing contracts in a major contract environment (minimum 100 million dollar contracts experience). Experience with construction, mining, infrastructure and/or oil and gas contracts preferred.
- Education in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain preferred.
- SCMP is an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 10 Aug 2020, 8:48 PM