While reporting to the Client’s General Manager:
- Help analyze, troubleshoot, and evaluate computer network problems
- play an important role in the routine (weekly or monthly) maintenance of the client’s network including ensuring that file backups are performed on the network
- Be attentive to customer descriptions of their computer problems
- Solve non-critical IT issues within one-business day of the request
- Train users to work with new computer hardware or software, such as printers, word-processing software, and email
- Provide other team members and managers in the organization with information about what gives customers the most trouble and about other concerns customers have
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of experience providing remote IT support
- Is currently working full-time in an IT Support role and has a flexible schedule to also work remotely for our client 4-8 hours/week. Jobs or project requests would be sent to by the General Manager to the successful candidate on an as and when needed basis
- Has experience configuring and managing Network back-up solutions
- Can action and resolve service requests that are assigned within one business day
- Has experience supporting ERP systems – Competencies with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (Previously called Microsoft Dynamics NAV – Navision) including the ability to manipulate the back-end) would be a definite asset
- Customer-service skills: must be patient and sympathetic while helping people who are frustrated with the software or hardware they are trying to use.
- Listening skills: must be able to understand the problems that their customers are describing and know when to ask questions to clarify the situation.
- Problem-solving skills & Resourcefulness: must identify both simple and complex computer problems, analyze them, and solve them.
- Speaking skills: must describe the solutions to computer problems in a way that a non-technical person can understand.
- Writing skills: useful for preparing instructions and email responses for employees and customers, as well as real-time web chat interactions
- Enthusiasm, a Team-Player, and an Eagerness to Learn