The Safety, Health and Environment Analyst will provide support to the Voisey’s Bay Mine Expansion project to ensure development and implementation of the overall SHE Management Plan to successfully satisfy corporate, regulatory and social responsibilities established for protection of personnel, property, and the environment. This role will also provide support, coordination, and assistance to the Vale Project team and supporting contractors to achieve accountability for SHE management at the construction site. The Analyst manages and analyses incident and hazard management data using Vale's HSE database and acts as a primary point of contact for analytical and performance measurement data on safety, health, security, and emergency management.
This fixed term position is based at the Voisey’s Bay mine site in Labrador, a fly-in fly-out operation. This position is on a two week on, two week off rotation.
• Develop and streamline systems for project SH&E data collection from within Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion Project;
• Support data collection initiatives for company, project and regulatory reporting requirements;
• Conduct data analysis based on key performance indicators and other criteria established to measure success of HSE programs;
• Responsible for timely and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for various SHE performance reports to different internal as well as external stakeholders;
• Develop and maintain SH&E databases to support the sustainability of SHE systems within the organization;
• Create site wide communications and awareness SHE information as necessary;
• Support the SHE management system development and implementation through auditing, departmental performance measurement tracking and generation of data analysis summaries to enhance continuous improvement initiatives;
• Support the implementation of multiple HSE initiatives by providing support through communication of information and update of resource materials and tools;
• Interface with VBME stakeholders and contractors to ensure appropriate collection of HSE information, reports and data;
• Manage the internal accident/incident reporting system and provide support for analysis and tracking of incident related data which supports the requirements of corporate reporting functions;
• Support the HSE team in delivering safety orientation and training sessions;
• Interacts with employees and contractors to ensure Unsafe Condition reports are completed with the appropriate information, including recommendations and corrective actions;
• Provide administrative support for technical writing and document management.
• Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or Diploma program.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a safety analyst role.
• Experience in a heavy civil construction/mining industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong knowledge of data management and analysis software (MS Excel and MS Access);
• Proficient in the use of MS Word and MS PowerPoint;
• Articulate writer and able to generate reports and other communications;
• Some knowledge of applicable HSE legislation, and associated HSE data derived from heavy civil construction/mining industry;
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, analytical thinking and independent work ethic.
Work Site and Schedule
· Position is based in Voisey’s Bay, the shift schedule is 2 weeks in 2weeks out, working 12hr days, for the 14days on site. The rotation / shift / schedule may change to meet the needs of the project execution effort. You may be expected to work from the St. John’s office from time to time.
· The place of work will be Voisey’s Bay Site in Labradour, as a fly in / fly out operation, all employees will be flown to/from designated pick up / drop off points in Newfoundland and Labrador on VNL’s chartered service to site at no cost to them.
On behalf of our client, Ian Martin recognizes the Impact & Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation & the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu & Innuit workers have first preference for employment at the Voisey’s Bay Site. It also recognizes a commitment to give qualified workers from Labrador priority for employment opportunities
The Ian Martin Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday April 6th, 2021
Please apply online: https://www.livehire.com/job/ianmartin
Innu Nation members and Nunatsiavut beneficiaries can also apply through Vale’s Aboriginal Employment Coordinators.
Please ensure you include your full name, address, community and province when applying