On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Records Clerk in Houston, TX.
Duration: 2 Months Contract
· This position is responsible for performing and assigning duties, detailed tracking, and management of major tasks/projects pertaining to clerical duties related to relevant stages of the Records Lifecycle, including Capture, Storage, Management, and Maintenance of Company records.
· Follow policies and confidentiality mandates to safeguard Company data and information.
· Record activities, tracking, and reporting progress, as required.
· Create and/or maintain task/project tracking mechanism(s), generally comprised of excel spreadsheets or SharePoint lists.
· Compare data across multiple sources, assessing discrepancies; consolidate data from multiple sources into a single coherent version of truth.
· Provide professional written or visual updates of task/project progress and obstacles to completion.
Records Lifecycle Management:
Train for, assign, or perform:
· The processing, filing, and organization of records according to Company specifications in both electronic and physical filing systems.
· The indexing of records by inputting associated metadata into both electronic and physical filing systems according to Company procedures.
· The capturing of digital records images through scanning.
· Under guidance from enterprise personnel, adhere to records retention and disposition specifications.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
· Experience as a Records Clerk/Analyst (preferred).
· General knowledge of the Records Management Lifecycle (preferred).
· 2-5 years’ experience managing short- and long-term tasks/projects involving three or more individuals.
· Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and SharePoint.
· Experience or skills in using general office equipment, including telephone systems, copiers, and scanning machines and related software.