- Job no: MBHD4
- Categories: Engineering
Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for a Contract Manager to support the PCM Asbestos Program Team. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Burnaby, British Columbia
Provide Contract Management for the PCM Asbestos Program Team; oversee multiple contracts in post-award. The Contract Manager will be responsible for ensuring the continuity existing contracts, overseeing the re-occurring issuance of work to operational contractors. The Contracts Professional works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery needs are met on time, on budget and safely using contract performance tools to establish and sustain reliable contractor performance.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery needs are met on time, on budget and safely using contract performance tools to establish and sustain reliable contractor performance.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and execute early involvement activities during pre-award, such as the review of supply chain strategies, contracting plans, scopes of work, specifications, draft RFP/RFT documents and the final contract document. Identify areas of improvement that enhance vendor performance, under the contract.
- Perform day to day contract management activities including, but not limited to, chairing progress meetings, monitoring contract schedules, managing contract scope, expediting, managing contract changes, managing claims and disputes, accrual reporting, validation of payment requests, tracking of contract submittals and other deliverables, contract interpretation and close-out.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure contract performance meets the needs of the project.
- Monitor, analyze and provide reporting, to the project stakeholders, around the performance (financial and otherwise) of the contract.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assist in the design and implementation of innovative strategies to improve internal processes, and to enhance vendor management while optimizing contract spend.
- Perform contract management activities by applying expert knowledge of contract management practices while working effectively with cross-functional teams.
- • Ensure suppliers fulfill their contractual obligations by monitoring contract performance, identifying issues, taking timely action to resolve issues, and communicating with stakeholders to minimize risk and maximize supplier performance.
- Establish and maintain a meaningful relationship between suppliers, stakeholders, and supply chain organization through activities such as timely communication, resolution of issues, and relevant reporting enabling the successful implementation of sourcing initiatives.
- • Forecast, monitor, and report on contract usage to ensure contract and finance control policies and budget requirements are met.
- Provide guidance and advice to client groups in the sourcing, procurement, and management of goods and services contracts using excellent knowledge of public sector procurement law, and the application of supply chain concepts to get the best value
- Must have 9+ years experience in contract management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Economics, or related discipline, or equivalent
- Certificate in Project Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent, an asset
- Must have experience as a contract lead overseeing multiple contracts
- Must have post award contract management experience.
- Experience in safety or construction safety experience is an asset
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- The resource can work from home - they may be required to work onsite once covid restrictions are lifted.
- Open to candidates applying from out of province but must be willing to relocate to Vancouver should COVID restrictions lifted
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 21 Apr 2021, 11:08 PM